By Your Side Hospice will focus on enhancing the patient’s quality of life, preserving the patient’s dignity, and dealing with the patient’s end-of-life issues. Our team of professionals will provide education for the patient, family, and community to encourage the use of Hospice Care in Houston, Texas and everywhere.
- Assess the patient’s physical needs
- Develop and coordinate a plan of care
- Ensure symptom control and management
- Provide continual patient/family education as needed
Certified Nursing Assistants
- Provide direct personal care to the patient
- Offer emotional support to the patient and family
Medical Social Workers
- Assess the patient’s & family’s emotional & social needs
- Develop a plan of care
- Provide counseling, referrals & support to meet identified needs
- Offer grief & bereavement counseling through individual & group programs prior to and after the patient’s death.
- Maintain regular contact with the family for up to thirteen months after the death of the patient.
- Music therapy is offered for the patient, as well as the caregiver and family.
Levels of Care
- Routine Home Care – Basic level of care provided under the hospice benefit.
- Inpatient Care – Short-term care provided at a hospital or other inpatient care center only until the patient’s symptoms are under control.
- Respite Care – Temporary inpatient care provided up to five consecutive days to give the family a needed break.
- Continuous Care – More intense care provided by a nurse and/or home health aide in the patient’s home environment for a minimum of 8 hours per day until symptoms are under control.
Medications, Medical Equipment & Supplies Provided
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) for the terminal disease condition
- Disease-specific and pain medications
- Supplies such as personal care items
Connect with Us Today!
By Your Side Hospice is always ready to cater to your loved one’s unique needs. If you have further questions for us, don’t hesitate to send us a message.