A hospice care team is never complete without a Medical Social Worker. According to the National Association of Social Workers, social workers play an essential role in many of the non-medical aspects of patient care, including the family members of the patients. Some of the primary duties and responsibilities of a medical social worker include:
- Counseling those experiencing distress or crisis intervention
- Educating patients and families about illnesses and treatment plans
- Connecting patients and their family members with necessary resources
- Conducting psychosocial assessments to identify mental or emotional distress
- Providing advice on legal matters including finances, medical benefits, and veteran status
So when you avail of Hospice Services for your loved one, expect that a medical social worker will be around you and your family to assist from time to time.
When it comes to providing high-quality Hospice Care in Houston, Texas, we at By Your Side Hospice are your reliable provider.
Attending to your loved one’s ever-changing needs is our topmost priority. We always see to it that our professionals such as Nursing Assistants in Texas are always ready and capable of rendering the level of care and assistance your loved ones need as they approach their end of life. We are dedicated to providing individuals quality hospice care to ensure the best quality of life during difficult times. To know more about our services, please do not hesitate to contact us.