When our loved one is approaching to enter their end-of-life journey, they will require more rigid assistance in their daily living. Usually, with their current situation, it will be best for both the family and them if they will be placed in an assisted living facility. However, in choosing a hospice for them, families will sometimes mistake hospice care for palliative care, and vice versa. So what is the difference between the two, and what are the common characteristic that they share?
Under hospice services, patients usually have:
- six months or less prognosis
- it excludes curative treatment
- it can be administered upon the patients request whether in a facility or their home
While palliative care, patients are:
- at any stage of a disease
- it is given the same time as their curative treatment
- it is typical to have it happen in a hospital
So what is their common denominator? both offers:
- equally comfortable care
- it helps reduce stress to the patient and the family
- both offer a complex symptom relief that is related to a serious illness
- offers physical and psychosocial relief
By Your Side Hospice is a provider of hospice care in Houston, Texas that ensures to deliver the excellent care each patient needs as they transition to the next stage of their life. We are a team that is committed to delivering genuine care and service by our health professionals.
As nursing assistants in Texas, we offer personalized care to each patient under our care, because we understand that each is unique and requires a different level of care.
In case you are interested in availing of our services, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.